Saturday, October 4, 2008

The Garage Sale is Over!

I closed up about noon. It is so hot - I thought I might perish. The old lady suntan is coming along nicely though. I got rid of a bunch of stuff-made $182.00. My neighbors have the cutest four boys and they were very helpful with setting up this morning, plus kept me company.
I must tell you a story--I have a huge dog kennel that my kids gave me for our dog. Since I had to put our dog down, I put $20.00 on the kennel-a fabulous price considering how expensive they are brand new. Some old codger asked if I would take $10.00 and I said no but would meet him half way and take $15.00-he wouldn't do it. I couldn't believe it. So --I still have it. Most everyone else bought stuff for what I priced it. I will call the Water Front Mission on Monday and have them take the rest of the stuff. I'm hoping the dog groomer down the street will buy the kennel.
I am going to rest my weary bones-I ache all over. Have a great rest of the weekend.

No comments: