Monday, October 20, 2008

Saving Money Is Always A Good Thing!

I just got done talking with AT&T. I got to wondering where I could cut back, (again, and more). There is a new bundle that gives me everything I have now plus higher internet speed, and I will be saving $30.00 a month-a very good thing. These things are not advertised so check their web site now and then.

The other thing I already did was to change my cell phone to pay as you go. Still use AT&T, but pay only $25.00 every three months. As you use it, it knocks off money not minutes, so if you get low before the three months just add another $25.00. If you use it for emergencies you should never have to do that unless of course you consider talking to your friends while waiting in the grocery line an emergency. Frankly-I hate that. What is so important that it can't wait till you get home?

Also check your cable our dish network. I was able to cut my dish bill in half. I lost Fox news but can get their views on their web site.

If anyone has other helpful hints please comment. We can use all the help we can get!

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Good money saving tips...one I would add is to share meals at resturants. I cant believe Im saying that, but I dont care where you go...its expensive and you get too much to eat. I used to say I would save half and eat it for lunch the next day...I usually dont. I either go ahead and eat it, or I forget its in the fridge and then am afraid to eat it...if you order a meal, cut it in half and share with your friend. There is plenty to eat and it costs half as much. Im not willing to totally give up eating out, but limiting what I eat might help. Also forego the drink, it usually adds a minumum of $2. to your bill.

Just a quick note between conferance meetings.

Concerned-Citizen said...

Good ideas-thanks Kathy. Leaving off the drink has been something I usually do-water is better for you anyway.