Saturday, November 15, 2008

Easy Scallops

Sea scallops are baked with butter and basil and parsley.
Ingredients:

* 2 pounds fresh sea scallops
* 1/2 cup butter
* 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
* 1 1/2 teaspoons dried leaf basil, crumbled
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon pepper

Preparation:
Wash sea scallops in cold water; put on paper towels and pat with paper towels to dry thoroughly. Place sea scallops in a large, lightly buttered baking dish in a single layer; dot with butter. Sprinkle sea scallops with parsley, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Bake at 350° for 5 minutes; stir to coat with butter and herbs and bake an additional 20 minutes. Serve with butter and herb sauce from baking dish and hot cooked rice or small pasta.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh so now you are making scallops... my favorite...I will try them very very soon! Do I have to share???

Concerned-Citizen said...

Only if I am there. I too love the scallops--yummy. I like the ones from Joe Patti's down on the water. All their seafood is so fresh. I can really tell the difference between those and the ones frozen from the grocery store.