Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Day in Court

What a disappointment. The jurors waited in the "juror room" for 45 minutes until the guard took us into the court room. It seems the defendant felt differently now that the hour was upon him, and decided to let the judge sentence him-it was a cut and dry case I guess. Yes I was wanting to be a juror and see the trial through.
I went the few blocks to downtown and had a cup of coffee, read the paper, and chatted with the coffee shop owner-a very interesting lady. I decided to go to one of my favorite shops down the street. Glad I did-got a knock off Vera Bradley carry on suitcase on sale for $28.00. I about fell over at, 1.) the fact that it looks just like a Vera Bradley, and 2.) it is only 1/4 the price of a real Vera. Got a couple other dodas on sale making my morning inexpensive and fun.
Will work out at the church workout room in the morning and then off for a deep tissue massage.
The evening will be spent at a church dinner and gospel music. I am looking forward to that.
Stay tuned.....

No comments: