Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tea Time

Yesterday I attended a tea party put on by one of the wonderful ladies from my church. To say it was fun and fabulous are understatements. Sandra is such a wonderful lady, and gracious host.
She also has a lovely home-so tastefully decorated. I did get some good decorating ideas.
We were all decked out in our good clothes, but not many of us had hats. We were directed to one of the bedrooms where there were at least 25 hats on the bed. I chose a pink hat that matched my outfit perfectly. In fact it was as if Sandra knew what we were all going to wear and put out hats accordingly.
The teas and sconce were out of this world. Everyone brought some sort of dainty little finger sandwich, or dessert. I had volunteered to make cucumber sandwiches-(what was I thinking?)
I knew my friend Diane in Omaha made the best so thanks to her recipe my sandwiches were a huge hit. Many asked how they were made. Since they are so good I thought I would share Diane's recipe with you all. Thanks again Diane!

1 brick of 8 oz. cream cheese. Softened
3 heaping TBLS sour cream.
1 package of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Dressing-the original seasoning.
Mix all together. You can add more sour cream if mixture is too hard to spread.

Use a cookie cutter to cut bread (of your choice) into shapes. I used a round one, and a heart shaped one.
Spread the cream cheese mixture on bread and top it with a slim slice of cucumber.
Put a paper doily on your serving pate and arrange sandwiches. Use a second plate doing the same thing, then begin to layer up. This can be done several hours before serving.
Right before serving sprinkle a little paprika on each.
When your serving dish runs out-simply move the next layer onto it.
You will not be disappointed.

No comments: